Hi, my name is Cheryl Wright and I'm so excited to be your child's teacher this year. This is my tenth year teaching first grade at Isle of Hope K-8 School and previously I taught eighth grade science at Mercer Middle School. I graduated from the University of Georgia with a bachelor's degree in Chemistry. Since then, I have received my teaching certificate in Early Childhood Education (K-5) as well as gifted endorsement and science endorsement (K-5) . In my free time I enjoy reading, taking long walks, and watching old movies. My husband, Lawrence, and I have two daughters, Christina and Alysa, and a dog, Ollie.
Things to Remember:
- Homework is due every Friday.
- Please read daily with your child and record each time on the reading log. Each reading log will be counted as two homework grades. Parents do not forget to initial each time a book is read.
- Continue practicing Fry Words for the fourth marking period. Please practice these with your child daily.
- It is also important to practice addition facts on Reflexmath as often as possible.
- We only have a few more weeks left in first grade. Let's finish strong!!!