Hi, my name is Cheryl Wright and I'm so excited to be your child's teacher this year. This is my eleventh year teaching first grade at Isle of Hope K-8 School and previously I taught eighth grade science at Mercer Middle School. I graduated from the University of Georgia with a bachelor's degree in Chemistry. Since then, I have received my teaching certificate in Early Childhood Education (K-5) as well as gifted endorsement and science endorsement (K-5) . In my free time I enjoy reading, taking long walks, and watching old movies. My husband, Lawrence, and I have two daughters, Christina and Alysa, and a dog, Ollie.
Things to Remember:
- Homework is due every Friday.
- Please read daily with your child and record each time on the reading log. Parents do not forget to initial each time a book is read.
- Continue practicing Fry Words for the second marking period. Please practice these with your child daily.
- It is also important to practice addition facts and reading on Mobymax as often as possible.
- We have P.E. every Thursday. Please make sure your child wears appropriate shoes.